Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We had a small crew on Tuesday - just my family and Miss D's - but we had a lot of fun. Miss D's son worked on all 6 sound boxes at once. He put six mats around the room and matched pictures to their beginning sounds. Here's what it looked like when he started:


And here's what a portion of it looked like when he finished:
:

My daughter worked with Miss D's son, and she also worked on this pre-sewing activity (in this picture, she's copying the house pattern you can see underneath her right arm):


For Music Time, Miss D gave the kids rhythm sticks and took them "on a trip" to a carnival. First they sang "The Wheels on the Bus" as they rode to the carnival, then they got off the bus and *ran* to get in line at the first ride, and then they waited. And then they *ran* as the line moved forward, and then they waited. ;) Then they *rode* a roller coaster, stopped to eat cotton candy, etc... The kids love that portion of Music Time. To go along with this week's five senses theme, Miss D taught the kids this song (to the tune of Old McDonald):

On my face I have two eyes;
I use them every day.
They are used to help me see
When I work and play.
With a look, look here,
And a look, look there,
Here a look, there a look,
Everywhere a look, look.
On my face I have two eyes;
I use them every day!

On my face I have a nose;
I use it all the time.
When I sniff it I can tell
Vinegar from lime.
With a sniff, sniff here,
And a sniff, sniff there,
Here a sniff, there a sniff,
Everywhere a sniff, sniff.
On my face I have a nose;
I use it all the time!

In my mouth I have a tongue;
I use it when I eat.
Tasting with it I can tell
Sour from the sweet.
With a lick, lick here,
And a lick, lick there,
Everywhere a lick, lick.
In my mouth I have a tongue;
I use it when I eat!

On my head I have two ears;
Listening all day long.
And if I didn't have them there,
I couldn't hear this song!
With a listen here,
And a listen there,
Everywhere a listen, listen.
On my head I have two ears;
Listening all day long!

On my body I have skin;
Feeling cold and heat.
It stretches from atop my head
Way down to my feet.
With a touch, touch here,
And a touch, touch there,
Here a touch, there a touch,
Everywhere a touch, touch.
On my body I have skin;
Feeling cold and heat!


We closed with the "O" story and verse from My ABC Bible Verses: "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good," Psalm 118:1.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great week!!I love the song too. I have borrowed your idea of going on a journey and telling a story many times for our music lesson. It's so great for learning to listen. A variation I play on it is each child's instrument represents a different animal in the story and they play when the animal is mentioned andtry to match what they play to what is happening in the story. They love it!

BG said...

I love this song! We will add it to our repertoire as well! Thanks!

http://stuffedbrownbear.blogspot.com