Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day Fun

Continuing with her mail theme for Circle Time, on Wednesday Miss K brought each of the kids their own little mailbox, and they spent the morning making Valentines for each other and delivering them to each other.





The kids really loved opening their very own mailboxes and finding mail inside.


During Independent Work time, I presented the Pythagoras Board to Miss D's son. I know I've mentioned before that he has a real head for numbers, but on this day he absolutely blew me away. He's four and a half, and he can skip count (in his head, no less!) by every number up to ten. He could probably skip count by 11 and 12, but I wouldn't know because the Pythagoras Board only goes up to 10! Miss K and I sat there watching him with our jaws on the floor! Once he finished it, he immediately got to work on what he really wanted to do while patiently enduring my presentation - play Rush Hour Jr:


Miss K's daughter worked with the nuts and bolts...


...and the map of the United States:


My daughter did the continents map:


The two-year-olds were in and out, but when they were "in," Miss D's daughter transferred water through a funnel:


...and my daughter did a bunch of different puzzles, including the parts of a tree:


We closed with the Q verse and story from My ABC Bible Verses: "Quench not the Spirit," 1 Thessalonians 5:19.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Putting washers and nuts on bolts was one of my daugther's favorite things to do when she was younger. She also loved hammering golf tees into styrofoam. I would love to see pictures of your classroom...it looks cool from what I can see in the background.