Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Worst Blogger Ever

Back in April, N at The Learning Ark gave me an award...

   

...which is ironic, considering that I've been the world's worst blogger lately. Nonetheless, I'm very grateful and honored to receive this award (especially coming from a "real" Montessori teacher). Many of you have emailed me with questions or left questions in the comments, and I plan to get to all of them. First, to wrap up some unfinished business, Spesamore Academy asked me if I could share the last three verses from My ABC Bible Verses, and I'm happy to oblige: X: "eXcept ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3 Y: "You are my friends if you do whatever I command you." John 15:14 Z: "Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house." Luke 19:5 I know I've said this before, but I highly recommend this book. Sure, the stories can be a little cheesy and Pollyanna (oh, if only all children could be like Missy and Bill!), but they certainly model the way I would like my kids to behave; and after reading the stories enough times, I can use examples from the book during "teachable moments" with my daughters ("Remember the time Missy was in the grocery store with her mom..."). Plus (and I know I've said this before too) the kids really did learn these verses, even the two-year-olds (and we mommies learned the verses right along side them :) The book is well thought-out, and the verses build on each other (the story for verse S might refer back to the verses for stories A and I, for example). I found a list of verses for each letter of the alphabet here, but the book also puts the verses into context, which makes them easier to understand and therefore easier to memorize.

1 comment:

Four Little Penguins said...

Thank you! :)
I have really enjoyed reading your blog the past few months, and was so afraid that you would stop posting over the summer!